Dyna-Glo Vertical Offset Smoker is a budget-friendly cooker that is designed to offer great value for your money. It is a top choice for novices or any cook who wants a big capacity appliance that does not take a lot of ground space. All these things make it the best-selling smoker on BurningBrisket.com.
However, you don’t have to take our word for it yet. Before you make a purchase, read through this Dyna Glo Vertical Offset Smoker review to decide if it’s the best choice for you.
- Vertical offset smoker
- Powered by charcoal
- Cooking space of 1176 square inches
- Weighs 57 pounds
- Measures 20.2 by 34.52 by 47.03 inches
- It comes with a drip tray and removable ash pan for easy cleaning
- It has a charcoal holding box that keeps the coal compact for easier handling and improved efficiency
- Temp gauge is accurate and features smoke zone marks
- It offers great value for your money
- It comes with a large cooking capacity even though it doesn’t take up a lot of space on the ground.
- It leaks smoke and this can be solved by fixing joints with high heat silicone and fitting a gasket tape.
- Made of thin steel that can’t hold heat well, especially in wetter and cooler climates
- The paint tends to flake over time but you can solve it by sanding and reapplying higher heat barbecue paint.
Review of Dyna-Glo Vertical Smoker
Same as what you could expect of any cheap smoker, the Dyna-Glo Vertical Smoker doesn’t come with superior quality construction. However, for a reasonable price point, you will get a high temperature, a lightweight smoker that comes with a variable chimney damper, for efficient temperature regulation.
The smoker has a firebox placed next to the vertical cooking chamber. It also features a charcoal basket which improves fuel consumption by holding the coals together for scorching fire.
It also features six variable smoking racks that offer 1,176 square inches of cooking surface. This is enough space to cook for your family and guests.
Due to its vertical configuration, you’ll need to be watchful about where to put your steak. The racks close to the fire will get more heat. So, the top racks are ideal for meals that require lighter cooking, such as fish and veggies. However, you can use the uneven heat in the Dyna-Glo Vertical Smoker to your advantage the moment you know what fits your cooking needs.
Type: charcoal vertical offset smoker
Material: powder-coated seal
Weight: 57 lbs
Cooking capacity: 1176 square inches
Warranty: 1 year
Type of fuel: charcoal
Dimension: 50.3 height by 35 inches width by 21 inches depth
The Dyna-Glo Vertical Smoker is created with a unique design. The side firebox is a great addition to anyone who wants a space-saving unit for barbecue.
The unit is made of thin powder-coated steel but not extremely thin to be considered cheap. It ultimately saves on cost and weight, which is appealing for a unit like this one. But you need to know that this can trigger heat loss. In extremely cold climates, like below 30 degrees, the smoker struggles to uphold a consistent temp above 200 degrees. Regardless, it can serve you for many decades provided you handle it with care.
Ease of Use
The unit is user-friendly even when you are a beginner. It comes with a temperature adjustment that helps you reach the desired temperature quickly. This smoker has three modes of temperature adjustment.
A chimney-like smoke fixed on the top of the unit has several modifications for airflow and temperature regulation. The two bottom sides of the unit have adjustable dampers to assist you in reaching the required cooking temperature.
Additionally, on top of the smoker, there is an in-built stainless-steel thermometer. Together with the gadget’s smoke zone sensor, it can help you personalize your smoking recipes based on the smoky flavor you intend to attain.
For the included extras, the Dyna-Glo Vertical Smoker has a few features that make it stand tall. The legs are sturdy and robust to support its weight, and it has a handle on both sides to make it easier for two individuals to move it. While the in-built temp gauge is not very accurate, it will get the work done.
If you want to buy this product, it is important you acquire some cheap and simple mods from the start. Include a Lavalock gasket and a high heat silicone tube in your cart. You will need these items to seal up the gaps between the cooking chamber, firebox, and the cooker’s doors to keep smoke and heat where they are supposed to be.
Dyna-Glo Vertical Smoker has created a good name as the best value for money smoker in the industry. Unlike many inexpensive offset cookers, the vertical construction helps to maximize smoke and heat distribution for a better cooking experience.
Generally, the Dyna-Glo Vertical Smoker is a perfect choice for anyone intending to buy a charcoal smoker but on a tight budget.
FAQs About Dyna-Glo Smoker
- Vertical design lends itself to naturally rising heat, achieving greater efficiency and improved smoke flavor. Offset design keeps direct heat away from the food, allowing for slow cooking.
- Six height-adjustable cooking grates accommodate various sizes of food. 784 square Inch of total smoking area; 1176 square inches of total cooking space with 25-pounds capacity per grate.
- Porcelain-enameled steel charcoal chamber is designed to keep briquettes stacked tightly for improved burn efficiency.
- Charcoal & ash management system with the charcoal chamber, grate, and sliding, removable steel ash pan. Designed to handle large amounts of ash for hours of maintenance-free cooking.
- Smoke stack features an adjustable flue for additional flavor and temperature control.
Q: Is Dyna-Glo Smoker ideal for newbies?
A: Yes, it is perfect to use for anyone, including newbies. The chances are that your first trial may not offer an impressive outcome, but with many attempts, you’ll improve your smoking skills.
Q: Can Dyna-Glo Smoker serve as a grill?
A: No, this unit is a dedicated smoker, and that’s why it has a bigger cooking capacity.
Q: Can a rack of ribs fit in a Dyna-Glo Smoker?
A: Yes, your rack of ribs will perfectly fit in this smoker.
Q: Does the Dyna-Glo Smoker have a cover?
A: Yes, this unit has a cover that you can buy separately.
Q: Does this unit require a mod?
A: The Dyna-Glo Smoker doesn’t need any mode; however, a self-stick gasket around the doors will work.
Q: Can you cold smoke using Dyna-Glo Smoker?
A: Yes, you can cold smoke after you balance the temperature between 125-150 degrees F.
Q: Does setting up the unit take a lot of time?
A: No, assembling the unit involves a straightforward process. You will complete the job in a few minutes.
As you can see, the Dyna-Glo Vertical Smoker is a cheap, user-friendly, and classic unit in the field of smoking. Our article has highlighted everything you need to know about this product to help you make an informed decision. So, you can buy it and hone your skills in barbecuing.
Last update on 2021-10-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API