Yes, you can buy ground meat from the store, but if you want to eat freshly ground meat and prepare sausage, meatballs, burgers, or dog food according to your taste and preference, then it is preferable to grind the meat yourself.
[amazon box=”B0012KJBR0,B002L84GJU,B07FXJ8B7N” grid=”3″]
By mincing your own meat, you can have complete control over what type of meats and cuts you use, their flavor, and the texture of the ground meat, and will also know precisely what is contained in your ground meat as well as how fresh it is.
So, if you prepare and eat a lot of ground meat, it makes sense to invest in a good-quality meat grinder.
There are many different types and sizes of meat grinders available on the market, suitable for all needs and budgets.
We have selected the finest meat grinders in every main category, along with all of the pros and cons of each model.
Our top selections for meat grinders for 2023 are based on the main features for choosing such an appliance, including the type, the suitability for different foods, motor power, ease of maintenance and cleaning, construction, added parts and attachments, ease of use, and price.
First-rate meat grinder
Yes, our top pick for a meat grinder could be overkill for those of you who plan on using the appliance only occasionally, but it is an excellent investment to make if you are planning on grinding meat on a regular basis.
It is versatile, sturdy, powerful, and can handle large volumes of meat.
The STX Turboforce Classic 3000 is a heavy-duty grinder made for home use, suitable for meat lovers and foodies, and for home cooks who want the best of the best in their own kitchens.
The locked motor wattage of this powerful grinder is 3,000 watts, and it is capable of grinding up to 240 lbs. of meat per hour using 800 to 1,200 watts during the grinding.
It is sturdily built out of premium materials, including stainless steel and polished aluminum. The parts are sturdy, easy to clean, and food-safe, which is essential for the prevention of foodborne illnesses in your kitchen.
This beast of a grinder will withstand daily use and will allow you to grind any type of meat, as well as allow you to stuff your own delicious sausages, make sliders and burgers, and more.
The useful appliance comes with an extra-large hopper for the meat, which is 9.75 x 7.25 x 2 inches in size and can fit about 3 pounds of prepped (cubed or stripped) meat.
Also included are a polished aluminum grinding head (size #12), three 304-grade cutting blades made of stainless steel, three different size grinding plates, three different size sausage stuffing tubes, a Kubbe attachment, a meat stuffer, two meat holder claws, and a 3-in-1 press for making burgers and sliders.
You can choose between three different speeds – high, low, and reverse.
So, by purchasing the STX Turboforce Classic 3000, you will have a complete meat station for preparing ground meat for smoking, barbecuing, grilling, and other types of cooking and use.
This meat grinder is sold with a 30-day money-back satisfaction guarantee and a 3-year warranty for peace of mind.
- An excellent set of useful attachments, including the pusher for the meat and the burger and slider press, sausage stuffing tubes, an attachment for making Kubbe or Kibbe, meat claws, and everything else you will need to prep your meat for smoking, grilling, or other cooking.
- It has a high-quality construction made of food-safe, pro-range durable materials and fitted with a powerful 3,000-watt motor.
- 3 speeds to choose from, including high, low, and reverse.
- A large, heavy-duty #12 size meat grinder capable of grinding up to 240 lbs. of meat per hour and 3 lbs. of meat in one batch – making it perfect if you need to prepare large batches of meat for a lot of people.
- You do need to prepare the meat (slice or cube it) before using the grinder, as large pieces of meat may slow down the motor.
- It can’t process bones, hard fruits, vegetables, nuts, or other harder foods.
- It is bulky and can take up a lot of counter or storage space.
Top manual meat grinder
If you are shopping for a compact meat grinder that will not take up too much of your valuable counter space, and will not cost you a fortune, then this clamp-on hand grinder by LEM Products is among the leading manual meat grinders you can buy in 2023.
It is a suitable choice for those of you who need a meat grinder for occasional use or for experimenting with different meat tastes and combinations for your burgers, sausages, or other meat products.
The manual grinder is made of heavy-duty and easy to clean 304-grade stainless steel and can be securely clamped to any countertop, table, or another surface that is up to 1 ¼ inches thick.
Once you are done with the grinding, you can clean the appliance easily and then store it away without taking up an entire kitchen cabinet.
The manual grinder for meat comes with two stainless steel plates – a 3/8 inch course and a 3/16 fine one. Also included is a stainless steel knife, a stuffing star, and three different size stuffing tubes (1/2, ¾, and 7/8 inches).
The handle is ergonomic and turns smoothly so you won’t end up with a sore arm and shoulder at the end of the grinding session.
- It is entirely made of rust-proof, easy to clean, and sturdy 304-grade stainless steel, with a wood piece used for the handle. The plates will remain sharp, and the meat grinder will withstand years of use, washing, and even traveling.
- It has a wide and stable mounting clamp suitable even for wide surfaces up to 1 ¼ inches thick.
- It comes with a full set of accessories which you will need to grind meat and stuff sausages.
- It is offered at a very reasonable price, as compared to other meat grinders on the market.
- The grinder is light and compact and will not take up too much counter space or storage space.
- Obviously, it does require manual work, unlike the electric-powered meat grinders, which could be a problem for people with weak hands or other mobility issues.
Our pick for a budget-friendly meat grinder
It costs less than our other top picks, even than the manual grinders, yet can grind up to 3 lbs. of meat per batch with a single press of a button.
Its motor has 350 watts of power, which is not as much as our top choice but is enough to produce up to 3 pounds of ground meat for a few minutes.
The inexpensive electric meat grinder is a versatile tool that you can use to make minced meat and make sausages, kibbeh, and grind veggies and fruits.
It comes with 3 steel plates of different sizes (fine, medium, and coarse grinding), two cutting blades, a sausage stuffer tube, three kibbehs, and a convenient and safe meat pusher tool.
The affordable meat grinder has three-speed settings, including a low and high speed and a reverse function if you need to unblock it.
The grinder is easy to take apart and be washed after use and then stored in the appliance’s concealed storage box.
The grinder is made of sturdy materials, including 420-grade stainless steel, premium ABS and thickened aluminum alloy.
Overall, the Altra electric grinder is an excellent choice for people who plan on grinding large quantities of meat or for occasional use because it is affordable, easy to use, and versatile.
- Very reasonably priced for a powerful electric meat grinder. The Altra 3-in-1 grinder costs less than even some of the manual appliances and yet can grind up to 3 lbs. of meat or veggies in a few minutes with minimal effort. It can also be used for stuffing sausages and making Kubbe.
- It is durable and made of premium, easy to clean, and stored parts and materials.
- There is a concealed storage box in the unit for compact storage of all parts when the appliance is not in use.
- It has multiple functions and comes with all accessories you will need, at a very budget-friendly price
- It is light and portable, and easy to store.
- You may need to buy a new meat pushing handle because the one included can be weak, especially when processing tougher meats.
- The loading tray is a tad short and not as stable as others, so you may need to feed the meat slowly for the best results.
Top-of-the-line meat grinder
If you are ready to splurge out for a high-end meat grinder for home or commercial use, then the LEM Products Steel Big Bits Electric Meat Grinder is among the best options available on the market for 2023.
Yes, it is much more expensive than our other top picks, but this meat grinder is powerful, extremely sturdy, and fast. The Big Bite Electric Grinder is a perfect choice for people, hunters, or restaurant workers who process large volumes of meat or for those who want a fast and efficient meat grinder to prepare minced meat for themselves, their pets, guests, or clients.
The appliance is available in different horsepower variants – from 0.35HP, 0.50HP, 0.75HP, 1HP, and 1.5HP.
Our choice is the 1HP model, capable of grinding 13 lbs. of meat per minute, including even the toughest meat cuts.
The premium meat grinder is made of stainless steel with a brushed finish, which will last for years, and is easy to keep clean, sanitary, and fingerprint-free.
The size #22 grinder by LEM Products has a 16.5 x 12.2 x 3-inch meat pan, a first pass grinding plate, a dual blade knife, a second pass 3/16 inch grinding plate, a stuffing plate, a 3/8 inch coarse plate, a safety guard, a plate extractor and three sausage stuffing tubes (5/8, 1 and 1 3/8 inches).
There is also a tray in the machine’s body where you can store the knives and plates for neat and compact storage.
It is designed to make the meat’s feeding as easy and as safe as possible, thanks to the rifled head.
The 1HP grinder uses up to 775 watts but is quieter than many less powerful electric grinders.
It is sold with a 5-year warranty, and LEM Products offers lifetime customer support for its Big Bite grinder.
Overall, this pro-range meat grinder is the best choice for people who grind large quantities of meat often and who can afford to buy this high-end appliance. In the long run, it is an excellent investment, as it is very sturdy and is backed by a 5-year warranty and lifetime support.
- A very fast speed and large meat grinding capacity of 13 lbs. of meat per 1 minute – perfect for hunters who process deer and other meat and even for restaurant use.
- High power but the relatively quiet operation, thanks to the innovative gears and improved performance of the 1HP motor.
- It is made of top-quality stainless steel, which will last for decades with proper use and maintenance.
- It is sold with lifetime customer support and a 5-year warranty.
- There is a storage compartment in the body of the grinder to keep all plates, knives, and accessories safe and neatly.
- It is a lot more expensive than all of our other choices for meat grinders.
Related content: The Best Meat Slicers for Home Use in 2023
Meat grinder attachment for a stand mixer
If you already own a KitchenAid Stand Mixer, then this superb meat grinding attachment will allow you to mince and grind meat without the need to buy a dedicated meat grinder. Not only will this save you a lot of money, but it will save space in your kitchen as well.
The KitchenAid Metal Food Grinder attachment is reasonably priced and works as well as a separate meat grinder.
It comes with three different plates (fine, medium, and coarse), which you can use for mincing meat, veggies, fruits, and cheeses.
It also comes with two sausage stuffing tubes and a nifty cleaning brush for easy cleaning after use.
The meat grinder attachment fits on any KitchenAid stand mixer and is easy to set up, use, remove and wash.
After you are done, you can store the attachment and all of its parts in the useful storage box offered with the product.
It is a space-saving alternative to buying a separate meat grinder, especially for users who want to mince smaller volumes of meat and other food occasionally and who already own a KitchenAid Stand Mixer.
- It saves space and money having to buy a standalone meat grinder.
- It attaches easily to any KitchenAid stand mixer.
- The attachment comes with a number of useful accessories and different plate sizes so that you can use it for different foods, different textures, and even for stuffing sausages.
- It has a smaller capacity and is less capable of grinding tougher meats than other meat grinders.